An American, comes with both rights and responsibilities. They are part and parcel of what it takes to enjoy the freedom that America provides.
As American's we have the following privileges:
- The freedom to believe and practice religiously or non-religiously.
- Representation for taxation. Of course this isn't perfect, but it's better than what's out there in the world.
- The freedom to pursue any line of work we want within legal limits. No government ordained jobs/careers.
- Protection from being persecuted.
- Each region can experiment to have it's own interpretation of non-federal laws. And the freedom to move between regions.
- Children as not expected to be workers, they can be free to learn and grow with time, until they are ready.
- All mankind was created equal, so in America there is no slavery.
With those privileges, come certain responsibilities.
- We pay taxes at multiple levels to pay for the governmental services we use.
- To aim for the American Dream, of a better life for ourselves and our children, thru hard work.
- To not be a leech, upon your neighbors, friends and family. To be self-sufficient.
- To have pride in your home, neighborhood, town, city, state and country, to always work towards having a better and cleaner area.
All of this is about realizing, is that to live in America you can have your freedoms, but they come at the cost of paying back for the priviledge. If we all work towards a better America, this can be a great nation again. But that comes down to all of us having a sense of responsibility, ethics and a common dream.
That dream is the American Dream.
Unfortunately, not many american's these days want to be responsible for what they are getting out of America. They just want to ruin, destroy America. As if America is not the people of America.
People these days see America as a great evil, to be destroyed. But how can that be, we are America. That is an incredible delusion.
We the People, are America. Everything that you hate about America, is about you hating yourself. If you want America to be better that is one thing, but to blindly hate America, when you are equally responsible for that hate, makes no sense.
Thought of the Day: Are you willing to take responsibility for everything that America has given you, and pay it back? Take pride in America, for you are America.